Town Memorials | Winthrop, Massachusetts
HOME Veterans Wars and Forts Civic Schools Street and Corners People
Storefronts Hotels Maps Books Search Sources

N. Elliot Willis School
Formerly Winthrop Junior High School
(Demolished)







- Massachusetts Historical Commission, MACRIS Record for Winthrop Junior High School - Website, PDF
The Winthrop Junior High School opened in 1925 with N. Elliot Willis as principal and Orrin C. Davis as sub-master. Willis served as principal until 1951 and the school was eventually named for him. Davis later became superintendent of schools. The school was enlarged to accommodate six new classrooms in 1929. For many years this school encompassed grades seven, eight and nine. The school was converted for use as an elementary school.


Former Location: Hermon St. between Belcher and Pauline streets
View Google Map



HOME | Veterans | Wars and Forts | Civic | Schools | Streets and Corners | People |
Storefronts | Hotels | Maps | Books | Search | Sources |
Additions, Corrections, Comments? Please email contact@winthropmemorials.org