Town Memorials | Winthrop, Massachusetts
HOME Veterans Wars and Forts Civic Schools Street and Corners People
Storefronts Hotels Maps Books Search Sources

Pauline Street School
(Demolished)







Pictures: Winthrop Historical Commission
The Pauline Street School was built in 1881 and originally had four rooms. It was expanded in 1887 doubling its size and adding a clock tower. It was destroyed by fire in 1906. The E.B. Newton Grammar school was built in it's place.
- Images of America Winthrop, Winthrop Historical Commission, 2002
- History of Winthrop Massachusetts, William H Clark, Winthrop Historical Commission, 1952


Former Location: Corner of Pauline and Walden streets
View Google Map



HOME | Veterans | Wars and Forts | Civic | Schools | Streets and Corners | People |
Storefronts | Hotels | Maps | Books | Search | Sources |
Additions, Corrections, Comments? Please email contact@winthropmemorials.org